Planning an elopement can be difficult for a lot of reasons— those that say ‘but it’s not a big wedding’ don’t know that it still has a lot of moving parts and things that need to be accomplished even if it’s just he two of you! If you’re planning a Destination Elopement (with or without guests), the job just became incrementally harder. 10 Tips For Planning Your Elopement should help get you on the right track!
- Your Elopement Day team is super important, especially if you’re planning from another location. Job One is to find someone who can help you with all of the details and offer suggestions for local vendors. This will save you time and money.
- What do you REALLY need? Decide early in the process what you’re wearing. Even ‘beach wedding’ or casual looks can be harder to shop for than you think! Research vision boards like Pinterest for great ideas and sources.
- Don’t overlook putting together a solid working budget, things can spiral out of control quickly without one.
- Will you need a day of wedding coordinator or can you reach out to a vendor in the know to help you locate key pieces of your day? If so, make this your first call as they can help put everything else in place.
- What is your vision for your elopement? Even the simplest of ceremonies with few wedding guests requires a vision in order to carry things through and lower the stress level.
- Where will you say I Do? This becomes even more difficult if you’ve never been there. Reach out to a local resource and nail this down. Find out if there is anything going on locally that might impact your day, (races, heavy traffic, concerts, etc.)
- What vendors will you need to secure?
- Chairs (if you are having guests)
- Dinner reservations in lieu of a full blown reception?
- If you’re elopement location is outside, do you have a backup plan in case of adverse weather?
- Who will make sure that things run smoothly, get you to your I Do’s, make sure that people stay out of your area?
Eloping can be more personal and low-key but planning is still the key to making your day everything you want it to be!
Be yourselves, let the day unfold exactly the way you envision! Make a plan, find competent professionals to help you execute your plan and have a happy I DO!
Either with friends and family along for a destination celebration, or just the two of you, your elopement can be as unique, as special, and as wonderful as any wedding large or small!
Are you planning your elopement?
Whether you’re saying I Do in Savannah, St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island or anywhere— We would just love it if YOU were a #BBPCOUPLE!
Please give us a call or pop us an email!