With 30+ years behind the camera, and as a wedding educator, I understand searching for a wedding photographer can be overwhelming. With so many beautiful websites and IG feeds, everything begins to run together. With photography being one of the largest investments in your wedding planning, here are 5 things to help you find the photographer that is the right fit for you (& vice versa).
1. When looking at a photographer’s photos, can you see yourself in them?
2. As a couple, are you more about posed photos or candid moments? Or a combo of both?
3. Are the photos you see a style that you like? (Extra-light, extra-dark, etc., and is that how you want your wedding photos to look? 10 years from now you want your photos to be classic and not a photo editing trend. I’m the kind of photographer who keeps the photos true to the day.
4. Do you see actual weddings or styled shoots? (Be sure to ask if you can see a full wedding gallery that shows the beginning to the end of a day)
5. Look for someone who is willing to talk to you in voice, and knows how to listen to your vision, so that you can hear their enthusiasm about weddings and the craft of photography.
After all, your wedding photos should represent YOU—it’s not about your photographer!
If you are still searching for your wedding photographer, I would consider it an honor to tell your story and invite you to be part of the BBP Family.
Bobbi Brinkman Photography
912-571-2632 or 314-496-2411 (text)